Thursday, September 30, 2010

Friday Fives!!!

Come on and join in on my Friday Fives.....spill the beans, if you will......


1. What tells more about you...the contents of your purse OR the contents of your refrigerator?

2. When you visit someone's home, what are you most interested in looking at?

3. Do you look in other people's windows at night when you are on a walk? 

4. Have you ever spilled the beans on someone else's secret??? 


5. Have you ever kept a diary? If so, was it top secret?

In local news, our kids are coming home today for the first time since they moved to college!  They have birthdays next week, and this was the time they could BOTH come home at the same time!  I am excited to see them!  We will have a weekend of celebrating!
Our other news is the countdown of baby Catherine's arrival.....our first grandbaby!  Again, I am just so excited!  We will travel over there after the other Grammie gets her visit in.....oh, that will be a long week!
That is a mother's treasured time, though, don't you think.....the week after her daughter has her first baby and the first grand???  So we must wait......
So who wants to start a little guessing game on the exact day that Baby Catherine will come? The actual due date is 10/10/10, and the doctor says she will go no longer than the 17th...so what do you say??? Venture a guess???
Have a good weekend, y'all!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you about baby Catherine. I loved being with my daughter during those special times when her two babies were born and afterwards.

My refrigerator will tell you that I'm a foodie health nut with a sweet tooth. Go figure??? My purse, full of fabric and paint samples, but not a lot of cash, will tell you that I'm a frustrated decorator :)

Debbie said...

First, the IMPORTANT stuff. Baby Catherine. I'm going to go with the obvious and say 10.10.10

Wouldn't that be a oool birthday date?

Now the questions:

1. Oh, my purse most definitely. I'm pretty well summarized by the incredible traveling innie.

2. I tend to look at the creative stuff that they have sitting out and around. Generally speaking, I don't notice flaws, either. I'm too busy loving cool stuff.

3. No. I'm just not observant that way. Surprising since I'm kind of nosey.

4. I probably have. I can't think of an example right now, but I talk a lot so there is always the risk.

5. I always seemed to have a diary of one sort or the other. Still do. I wouldn't put anything top secret in writing, but I do have the record of my first kiss on the "late bus". It was nothing much worth recording, a peck, but I recorded it with quite a few exclamation points.

Joyce said...

1. Hmm...tough one but I'm going with my purse.

2. the little decorative touches...and I think we tend to notice our own 'messes' much more than others do. I've learned not to point them out in my house because half the time when I do the person says, 'Oh I didn't even see that.'

3. yes. I guess I shouldn't but I really can't seem to help it. I like to see how people live...is that nosy?

4.no. I'm good at keeping secrets.

5. yes. But I prefer the word 'private' : )

Enjoy your weekend!

southerninspiration said...

Haha, y'all are funny.....so I guess I'll do my own answers! Since I'm encouraging tell all, you know!? :D

1. What tells more about you...the contents of your purse OR the contents of your refrigerator? In either case, you'll see that I"m disorganized and messy! sort of.

2. When you visit someone's home, what are you most interested in looking at?I love catching the general feel of it, the ambiance, but as much as I like decorating and design, I don't always get the detail, unless I look long and hard. In some cases, I do that!

3. Do you look in other people's windows at night when you are on a walk? Yes, I love being that kind of stalker! HA!

4. Have you ever spilled the beans on someone else's secret???No, I"m pretty good at keeping a secret.

5. Have you ever kept a diary? If so, was it top secret? In fits and starts, but never very good at being consistent with a diary. Most entries would say, dear diary, it's been a while, so I am very pleased that I have blogged consistently for several years now!! :D

southerninspiration said...

Let's see, I'm going to go with the 12th......hopefully my sweet daughter in law doesn't have to wait until the 17th, when they will induce if she hasn't had the baby. She would love the 10th as that is her Grandfather's b'day. So my kids are the 6th and the 8th, and the 10th would be awesome! We shall see...

Miss Char said...

1. What tells more about you...the contents of your purse OR the contents of your refrigerator?

I would hope neither, both can be a total mess.

2. When you visit someone's home, what are you most interested in looking at?

What they have on the walls

3. Do you look in other people's windows at night when you are on a walk?

You already know the answer to that one!

4. Have you ever spilled the beans on someone else's secret???

Yes, unintentionally but I have done it.


5. Have you ever kept a diary? If so, was it top secret?


Not since I was a kid, I'm sure my brother infiltrated it somehow.