I'm back with my Friday Fives, and I"m going to link up to The Girl Creative and her New Friend Friday party.......
it's always fun to see new blogs and see what people are doing....especially for inspiration in Fall Decorating! I really haven't started, but I love the inspiration!
So I have some sort of random questions for our Friday Fives today, but some of them are related to topics I've covered of late!
1. What smells do you bring into your home for the fall? Do you have favorite candles, potpourri, or reeds/oils?
2. Have you ever had any surgery?
3. What food do you look forward to cooking with the coming of fall?
4. What's one thing you'd like to do this fall that you've wanted to do for a while? Apple Picking? Hiking? Trying a new recipe?
5. Finally, how many blogs do you read/follow and how often do you leave comments on them?
I leave you with a favorite recipe that is a REALLY good one to try for the fall...it is SO YUMMY!!!
Apple Cake w/ Caramel Sauce
3/4 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
4 c. peeled, finely chopped apples (Granny Smith or McIntosh)
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 t. vanilla
Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 X 9 inch cake pan. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture alternately with apples. Stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.
Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Immediately remove from heat and spoon over individual servings of warm cake.