Wednesday, February 25, 2009

what's on your wall....the unveiling of SI......

As you may know, Barb of Grits and Glamour, hosts What's on your Wall Wednesday. I love seeing into everyone's home (I was never a peeping tom, but I sure love seeing what's on others walls!) and enjoying the decor. So I thought I'd show you some of the decor in my foyer. You've seen the prints of Paris here, but on the other walls, well, you'll see. One of them is a picture of me and my hubby, so I'd like to introduce Mr. and Mrs. SI to you. That was taken at the wedding of our older son, several years ago. The top pic is of our children, our daughter in law, and her brother. Then there is the cuckoo clock given to me by my step-father. It's valuable because it's from him. In the last picture, the mirror is a SLaHOME product (surprised, yes?) and an orchid (yes ma'am, Donna, it's faux! Sorry for the glare!). This is what's on my foyer walls for this "What's on your Wall Wednesday". Thanks Barb, for hosting us! She's had quite a day already before hosting this shin-dig, so go on over and give her some love!! She'll appreciate it!

16 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

Everything looks great! I especially like your picture hanger!I hope you have a great day!

Barbara Jean said...

Thank you for coming by to enter my nest giveaway for my 100th post.
I'm sorry I accidentally deleted your things you are thankful for., but have no fear, your name is 'in the nest'! =0))

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

KBeau said...

The cuckoo clock brings back lots of memories. My favorite aunt had one when I was growing up, and just loved hearing it "cuckoo."

Lois Christensen said...

I agree, the cuckoo clock brings back memories for me as well! My grandfather had one and when I was a little girl, I loved watching it! It now hangs in my brother's house.
Love what you have hanging on your wall, love the iron pieces!

April said...

I've always loved cuckoo clocks...yours is no exception! Everything looks so pretty, as always!

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

How pretty! I love the plate with the bow on it as well.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute foyer! I love everything - it's so pretty!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I enjoyed your photos! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Pretty foyer- I wish my stairway had the pretty posts and rail. My stairs are enclosed on both sides- wall wall wall all the way up! I am collecting alot of mirror and frames to hang on one side of those stairs- maybe it will make it on a Wed wall sometime (gotta paint first!)'

blessings
mary

Kat said...

Very pretty foyer! I love the plate hanger, it's perfect to give more "presence" to a smaller piece. And what a beautiful clock. Great post, Kathy

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love the cuckoo clock. We had one in our house growing up. I loved hearing the "cuckoo".

southerninspiration said...

Well, ya'll I have to say that I have the cuckoo turned off........it makes me a little cuckoo!! :)
Thanks for coming by!!

Suzanne

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Suzanne, I love the new banner!! :) I really like your SLAH piece. So pretty!

Sherri said...

What is on your wall is beautiful! I LOVE that clock. So unique.

Tara said...

Saw that new header and thought I was in the wrong blog... I like it!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I really like the frames that your pictures are in. They're gorgeous.