Tuesday, February 3, 2009

chocolate anyone????

One of my favorite things......
and a few more recipes to share! This pie recipe comes together in about ten minutes....oh.so.good!
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie--
1 (15 or 18 oz.) package chocolate chip cookies (such as Nabisco chunky chips ahoy)
1 cup milk
1 (9 oz.) graham cracker pie crust
1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip

Dip 8 cookies in milk, and place them in a single layer in the graham cracker crust. Top with one-third of the Cool Whip. Dip 8 more cookies in the milk, place on top and spread with one-third of the Cool Whip. Repeat layers with 8 more cookies dipped in milk, and spread remaining Cool Whip on top. Crumble 2 chocolate chip cookies and sprinkle over pie. Cover and chill for 8 hours before serving. Enjoy!

The cookies absorb the moisture and make a yummy filling in this pie! So easy that even the kids can make it!!!


and I'll be trying these very soon....

Strawberry Fudge Balls

1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
3/4 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 c. strawberry preserves
Coatings: 1 c. almonds, toasted and finely chopped OR powdered sugar OR unsweetened cocoa

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add melted chocolate, beating until smooth. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs and preserves; cover and chill for 1 hour. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, and roll in almonds, powdered sugar or cocoa. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to one week, or freeze up to 1 month.

Don't these sound scrumptious?????? Enjoy!!

14 comments:

Christy said...

These recipes sound so good!!!

I wasn't sure if you wanted a letter or not... if you do, see what fun things you can come up with for the letter "H".

Have a great day!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Dang it! I just started Weight Watchers today. Do you know how many points these have? 3,000?

Pug1 said...

YUMMO! They both sound dee-lish! CHEERS! Michele

Carol said...

My mouth is watering! The cookbook looks like one I need to add to my collection.
Smiles,
Carol

Shannon said...

That choc. chip pie sounds delicious!

Tara said...

YUMMO! Whip that out and bring it on over...I will have the coffee brewing! :-)

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I love chocolate! Thanks for the great post! I'm hungry now!

Domestic Designer said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipes! I really don't need the calories but these are calorie free...right?

Rue said...

Hi Suzanne :)

Those DO sound scrumptious!!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come by, but until today I haven't been taking any breaks. Fun, but exhausting LOL

hugs,
rue

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

You can never go wrong with chocolate. Both recipes look tasty good!

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Thanks for joining us for Tasty Tuesday! I'm glad you could make it!
-Kim

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is the cutest dessert I have ever seen! I love the polka dots.

I am making that for the next event I need a dessert for!

Jen

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

My kids would love that pie - thanks for the recipe Suzanne! And I would love the recipe for the chocolate polka dot cake - I just love the way it looks. So cute!

Thanks!
Jen

Sandy said...

That is the best recipe, I've forgotten about it! Yum! Perfect for Val. Day :)