Thursday, February 19, 2009

The ten minute makeover that took 2 hours.....


Ah, the Nester is having a ten minute makeover party.......EVERYBODY has ten minutes to foofify a small little place in your house for an inspirational umph.....to get you going and all. I wanna attend THAT party, don't you? I set about looking for a little area that could use a ten minute makeover, knowing full well that the rest of my house probably needs a ten HOUR spiffy-ing up.....but with all I have to do in the next three days, I can certainly take a "ten minute, re-charge, foofify, make a springy place in my house" break. The scoping begins....oh, the foyer table...perfect! Clear out the junk that's been accumulating there....move to another spot that will need its own little makeover later, but I'm still playing along. Since I planned ahead and all, I take my daughter's camera out, because mine has gone biserck, people......just gives me zebra pictures...I guess it's on strike for better wages or something. Wahoo, I planned ahead, and for me, that's progress! I start my little makeover that was a "Valentine plus junk and not ever really completed" vignette.....out of here for now. I knew I had birdies on the brain, because eggs and birds= spring to me.......So I pull out the (wait, the phone rings.....hmm, will I consider doing crafts again for VBS...it was pretty hectic and chaotic last year, well, I'll think about it, oh one of my dear friends, I will think about it. You need a phone number...well, let me see....yes, and I am so glad you are feeling better finally, when shall we do lunch? Oh, ok, bye...) candles, yes, I need light blue candles to replace the green ones...pull those out. Place them on the SLaHOME Jackson Square Candlesticks, because on the other end I plan to use the Jackson Square Pedestal and dome.....ok, candles, pedestal, pull out the precious little nests......ring, ring, the phone again.....do you remember what I ordered from you last, because I'm looking at my CC bill and I don't remember which items I last got....oh, yes, thanks for checking on that for me, friend...then an ensuing conversation about the illness of her son, bless his heart! Take care, bye. OK, back to the vignette. Pull out the little birds and place near nest, put precious little eggs in nest (don't you love those colors???) and wait, I need something tall in the background because the builder beige wall is overwhelming my preciousness......go dig out the round wrought iron thingy, and a plate rack and the lovely pacific blue accent plate (um, yes another SLaHOME item, come on over, I'll share!) and pull the tray off the coffee table in the den, and VOILA......more progress! , now operate daughter's camera, (easily thankfully), and get the pics loaded into or is that uploaded or downloaded??? and post them onto blogger. The past two hours have been so refreshing, I think I'll sit and look at my precious new spring vignette after I put everything else back that I got out to try.....evolution happens at my house, what about yours?????
This one was before the removal of the Valentine's decor and the accumulation of other things.....keeping it real, remember?


This is the precious springy, foofified version.....it may still evolve, but for two hours and ten minutes, this ain't bad!!!!! Oh, and the phone is ringing, gotta run.
Edited to add, I went back to check the levelness of those pics, and they really are level on the wall, but the angle of the photo makes them look like an earthquake actually happened in the midst of all of this!!!

30 comments:

CMB said...

That is a fabulous transformation...I would have lost interest with all the distractions!:)

Anonymous said...

That looks great. And it sounds fun. But 10 mins is just enough to make me mad. :-)

Deidra said...

I love the blue! Such a soft, inviting color! Beautiful!

April said...

I love how it looks...I need to work some of that makeover magic around here!

trish said...

What a pretty makeover! The blue is gorgeous!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Crafty Niche said...

Love the blue touches! Great job!

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

love the blue - such a sign of spring! Now where can I add that color in my house?!

Julie Willis said...

I'm so glad it really took you longer than 10 minutes! I like the birds in the nest.

Tabitha said...

Heehee, I see you are a SLAH rep, too!! :) Their stuff is the BEST, no doubt!! And so versatile! I didn't realize how much I had in the kitchen until you commented and, goodness, there's a lot of it elsewhere, too!
ANYway, I love the new look--but then, I love blue and birds, too!! That aqua color is my absolute favorite right now!! Very nice!!

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

I love the mix of blue in there! It's such a great color!

Hideaway Girl said...

I'm sure it was a few more than 10 minutes for a lot of us! Love the new look! I'm also another big fan of aqua - especially the little square plate! Good job.

Rachel Lundy said...

I really like that!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love that aqua blue color!

Manuela

Unknown said...

I am soooo lovin' those candles right now. The color is just what I have been looking for. where can I find them if you dont mind me asking?

Made In The South said...

Oh wow it looks great...Missy

Domestic Designer said...

Looks great! I really, really love the blue accents.

Brittany said...

The redo looks great! That blue is perfect for spring!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

It all turned out great! Love the look!

Sherri said...

Love the added color with the candles and plate. That 'iron'? piece looks GREAT on there too. Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you will again soon.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a beautiful shade of blue - it's perfect!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Man, I can relate to all the interruptions. It makes it impossible to accomplish anything. Nice job on your two-hour ten minute project though.

Teresa said...

Love the little bird under glass- and sweet soft colors-
great job

The Nester said...

May I please borrow a few of your accessories? I'm in love.

Anonymous said...

Love your beautiful blue accesssories and your cloche!!

Jodi said...

great job - love all the SLaH goodies...enjoy!

Paula@SweetPea said...

I like your make-over. It is hard to believe that it is time to start thinking about spring!

Carol Kennon said...

Love the spash of color. Beautiful.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

I love the mint color, it's so pretty and springy.

Designs on 47th Street said...

LOL Suzanne! What a fun post! You are a hoot....and man can you decorate even with all those distractions. That sounds like my house. I totally love the transformation....really looks nice. I'm glad you stuck with it!!

Donna

Jen said...

Cute! The aqua blue really says "spring".