Sunday, November 9, 2008

Right place, right time....


Have you ever been in a position where you felt like you were just in the right circumstances at just the right time??? I know that God is in total control and uses ordinary means to bring about things........so I feel like sometimes God uses us to bring things to light/ to bring the right aid needed or the right word spoken. Perhaps when I tell you the two incidents that come to my mind, and I have been thinking about recently, you, too will remember an incident that spurred you to think you were in the right place at the RIGHT time.

One Sunday evening, about ten years ago, I was going for a quick walk around my neighborhood. It was a cool, crisp evening, and as I passed a house to my left, I glanced up into the driveway and saw flames. It quickly caught my eye, to survey whether they were grilling or burning something, but NO!, it was the back of their garage going up in flames. I quickly ran to the front door, and the best I can remember, I said to them...."do you know you have a fire in the back of your house???"...they did not, and I suggested that if they give me the keys of their car, that I would move one of the ones in the driveway out to the street to protect it, which I did. At that point, I didn't know them, and they were scurrying around doing things, so I left, going back to my walk. They didn't know who I was, but because I was in the right place at the right time, perhaps their home was spared.

The second incident I remember was once as I came out of the school where our church has held its services for the past several years (we are about to have our own building, YAY!) there was a young woman sitting in her sporty little car. I saw her talking on her cell phone, and all of a sudden she begins to cry, to wail, "oh, no, oh my God, no...." So I looked around and there was no one else around so I went to the door, and she handed me her cell phone......the man on the other end, was a policeman or patrolman calling to tell her that her parents had been killed in a car accident! I felt so much compassion for her. We talked a bit, and she said she had been on her way to have lunch with her friends, and pulled over to take the call. I felt the best thing to do for her was to help her get to her friends who could help her sort things out and begin to do what she needed to do. So I drove her car for her, over to the place where her friends were, and that was the last time I saw her. Come to find out, she had worked for a friend in our church at one time, and he called to check on her. It was just another incident where I felt that God had put me to help someone.

So how about you? Do you have a right time, right place story?????

We never know how God will use it wherever we are, do we?

7 comments:

Bo said...

Oh this was a great post...made chill bumps on me. I'll have to put some thought to it to remember some incidences in my life, but I'm sure there are several... ;-) Bo

Designs on 47th Street said...

Suzanne, I think I will have to go put another sweater on. chills for sure are running through my body. Bless you for stepping in when it could have been just as easy for some to keep on going. God used you and you accepted his call to help. Right off the top of my head, I can't think of an incident but my goodness, you are an angel on earth.

Miss Janice said...

What an amazing story! I don't think that I have ever been in the right place at the right time...yet.
Miss Janice

Controlling My Chaos said...

I got chills when I read your post. That's some pretty amazing stuff.

Cathy said...

Yes, I've felt the same several times. Bless you for being obedient and doing the right thing.

Love,
Cathy

Nancy Rosalina said...

I have been in those kind of positions before, and it is a wonderful feeling. Nancy

Nancy said...

I remember you telling the story about the girl in the car. Imagine getting such a call on your cell phone. You are an angel.