Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birthplace scrapbook......











































I decided the other day to search for some pictures of my birthplace.....Natchez, MS. Of course there are many on the internet because Natchez is famous for their antebellum homes and the Spring Pilgrimage, and the lovely scenery it provides to tourists. So did I ever find pictures! I've always said I want to go home and be a tourist, because one never fully takes advantage of hometown things like a visitor does. I've had a few tours of homes, been to the Pilgrimage a few times in my life, but now that I'm an adult (and yes, have been so for quite some time now, thankyouverymuch!) I feel like it would mean so much more to me now. Wouldn't you agree?






So in my search, I decided to make my own little scrapbook of Natchez, my birthplace. I have so many memories that my children don't really even know about. I want to share this with them. And yes, that is a sign of my advancing age, isn't it? One begins to think about geneaology, old memories, old stomping grounds, people that influenced your life, etc.......when one realizes you are getting older! At least I've HEARD that (wink, wink!)







So I thought I'd share a few pics with you and will bring some more later. Natchez, my birthplace. It's a great place to visit if you've never been.




What about YOUR birthplace???

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I love Natchez! It's been a few years since I visited there. Love your pictures! I didn't know you were a Mississippi gal!

I was born in Montgomery Alabama...but have lived all my life in Mississippi!
diane

Shannon said...

My birth place is Little Rock, Arkansas.

I love Natchez though! In college I was an Interior Design major and we went there on a "field trip". It is so pretty!

Hinterlands said...

I was born in Pinckneyville, IL. I didn't think there were any pictures of there but I did Google search and they do have a website! Wow! I was actually raised 12 miles from there, but that was where I attended school from 4th grade through High School. I attended K-3 at Swanwick Elementary....wonder if they have a website....I doubt it. :-)

Rue said...

My mom took our family on the Delta Queen when I was 16 and Natchez was one of our stops. It is still one of my favorite places ever. I have an old fashioned lace nightgown that my mom bought me in one of the shops and it's still beautiful too. I wanted to move there at one time and although we ended up in Virginia, I still love it, even after all these years :)

rue

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I had no idea you were born in Natchez...it looks like a lovely place :)...I especially love that downtown pix and the bridge photo...

Nancy said...

I have never been to Natchez Suzanne but I would love to go some day. The pictures are great