Friday, November 14, 2008

I did it....I did it....but I didn't do it!










Whew! I did it! I got thru my Open House and Sample Sale. I did pretty well, but I found out I was competing with the Nutcracker Market in Houston....well, like I could really compete! It was scheduled to start the same day as my Open House, and I didn't know it. So no doubt, I lost some of my friends/customers to that. I had a reasonably good turnout, but last year had been bigger. And I was disappointed that my good friend Barbara, who is my right hand girl every year, helping me run the kitchen part of the Open House was not going to be able to attend....she has workers at her house taking down wallpaper and painting.......oh, we should have coordinated and had that same thing going on at the SAME time, since mine was being done just two weeks ago! So I was on my own. I limped along ok, but I sure missed her, her companionship and her help!


So needless to say, I didn't think about taking pictures until later in the day when things slowed down.........I took a few, but none when I had just gotten everything out on the table. The pictures you see, like the cornucopia, are after everyone had eaten. The cornucopia was a lot more abundant when I first started the day!!!
It wasn't exactly like I wanted it to be, but it worked out fine. Next year will be better!
Thanks for all your good thoughts and encouragement. I so appreciate it!
Let's see if I can tell you some of the things I fixed.......For sweets, I had Chubby Hubby cookies, Pretzels & Choc. Raspberry dip, Creamy Pumpkin Dip served with gingersnaps, Oatmeal Cranberry cookies, several quick breads, some of which were purchased and a lemon one that I made. For savory things, we had Marinated cheese, Chicken Salad sandwiches, Cheddar dip with Hot Pepper Jelly on top (YUM!, and I will share the recipe!) and some of those Deli Spirals from Sam's.......I'm sure I'm leaving off a few things, but this is the jest of it. It's always a hit. I served Coffee, with flavored creamers, OJ, and Iced tea, a blend of black tea and constant comment. It was a nice day! Wish all my blogger friends could have attended!

9 comments:

Designs on 47th Street said...

Suzanne, everything looks lovely and I'm so glad your show is behind you. I loved your choice of foods. Sorry about the competition. :( I've had that happen before. You just never know what else might be going on. I know you were lonely without your friend. You should have called me!
Hey, don't I recognize those acorns? ;)

Nancy said...

Glad that's done Suzanne. Your food looks and sounds great. Wish I had some right now!!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your food looks so good and I love the way that you have your SLAH things arranged. You must have worked like a dog to get ready for this.

I had to go back to look for the acorns after I read Donna's post. Love them!!

southerninspiration said...

Yes, I always tell people about my designer friend connection when they comment on my acorns!! I LOVE THEM!!!!

Miss Janice said...

Looks like you did a great job and I hope you made lots of money:)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

dont you hate it when you forget to do stuff like that? :)

By the way, I am having a giveaway on my blog! I would love for your to stop by and check it out! :)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh how fun! It looked pretty yummy too.

Gone said...

It all looks great and sounds like you had a wonderful time!

As far as Jan...she hadn't posted anything since her last ROSE Wednesday post and then just decided she was eliminating her blog and taking care of some things in her life...not family time away. She's fine, though, we saw her this afternoon!!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh, it all looks so good! Wish I could have been there! Must have been fun! Nancy