Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Monday....what will you do with it?






Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
       - Theodore Roosevelt



Are you stymied by fear?? Paralyzed to inaction??  Procrastinating because you are afraid of failure?? I have been in that place many times......and it's not fun.  You KNOW what you need to do, but can't proceed.  You know you need to get over the mental hurdles, but taking that first step is just too difficult.  Perhaps you are afraid of repeated failure, but I am certain that fear begets fear, and if we can make that first mental hurdle of taking that first step, we will make progress.  And yet that inner whisper says..."make the first step, and you know you will just end up worse off than when you first tried".  Don't listen to that inner nag.  You CAN make progress, you CAN set goals and meet/achieve them.  Don't let fear RENT space in your head.  Don't let procrastination be your master. (I am writing this for my own motivation as well as yours, by the way!!)


Let's choose this MONDAY to live and not be dying of missed opportunities and "if onlys".....those "I wish I hads" instead of "I'm so glad I gave it a try!!!"


Monday's assignment: Decide RIGHT NOW on a goal to have done by the end of the day and make it happen.  If you have to break that up into five steps, make the first step.  Let's be DOERS this week, what do you say???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WoW, this is my first time visiting your blog, it must be by divine intervention, you nailed it on the head, that's exactly where I'm at.
Thank you for helping me to have a plan...just for TODAY. I don't have to think beyond that right now. I am going to go out and buy the supplies for a craft table/with storage shelves , as seen on the Ivy Cottage blog, which I found on pinterest.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great reminder of what I need to do. All to often I get bogged down by my stinking thinking. Thanks!