Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hi blogging friends,
I took a few days off, unplugged a little bit because I was tied up with some other things.....and then a few things threw me off (one of which amounted to losing my keys and then finding them the next day, but took some calling and driving to make it happen!!!) and before I knew it, several days had gone by.Plus I felt like I needed to slow down the amount of things going into my head; do you ever have days like that? Creative ideas are great, seeing others projects is great, reading about saving money is great, praying for others is great, but every once in a while, I need to limit the input...so I did that for a few days.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tablesettings from the SLaHOME convention. They always WOW us with nifty, creative ideas for making a party fun! Some of the clever ideas they come up with amaze me....and they get paid to have fun and be creative! How fun is that? But then my job is easier because of them and I get paid to have my own kind of fun, too! I never saw myself in the direct sales business but it just kind of happened and it was a great creative outlet, and I like to think I make a difference in the lives of people, helping them make their homes a beautiful place.
Enough of that.....

I have some creative plans for today.....other than the laundry I need to do and cooking that needs to get done. I have plans to get out my sewing machine and make something. Something that I saw in the blogging community, and really got my attention.....So I bought some beautiful fabric, and a few other pretties and I hope to be able to share with you my own creations sometime next week. Ok, not the best pics but you can see the gorgeous fall colors I found at the fabric store, most in the remnant bin........for the first time in a long time, I am excited about sewing something! And it's a gloomy, overcast day, with 80% chance of rain, so a perfect day to be creative! I hope your day is good, too!

14 comments:

Tara said...

Girl, I know just what you are talking about. Now that school has begun my blogging days are limited. I try to at least read my bloggy friends posts, comment as often as possible...but the postings will be random because of my tired brain after teaching all day! LOL.... not getting any younger.
Love the colors. My home is all those colors throughout except in my lil art room ( bright colors!)
Have a blessed one. HUGS!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hey there! Yes, I have had to take some days off too as I prepare madly for my fall floral show! It's coming up fast. Just had to pop in to see what you are up to. As always, I see I have missed some good posts. I'm very anxious to see what you come up with creatively with the fabric and "stuff"! Have fun and share soon! Donna

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Were your ears burning? (That's what my mom says when you find out someone else was talking about you.) She met up with your MIL last week at water aerobics and told her how much fun she had here at my SLAH party and what a GREAT job you did. Miss Shirley agreed wholeheartedly. Said you were so good at what you do. I couldn't agree more :-)

Lisa said...

Your fabrics are beautiful! Can't wait to see what you've done!:)

Diana Ferguson said...

OOOHHHH. Love those fabrics. I can't wait to see what you're up to!!


Diana

Lisa said...

Glad you took a break! Love your finds they will make something lovely!
HUgs, Lisa

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, I'm the queen of taking on too much at once! I'm famous for it. Your sewing project looks intriguing...wish I could sew! Have a beautiful weekend...Kathy

Happy@Home said...

I am curious to see what plans you have for that pretty fabric and adorable acorns. Being the good blogger that you are, I feel sure that you will share it with us.LOL

Controlling My Chaos said...

Oooh, it looks like fun. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Robin said...

Ohhhhh, those fabrics and notions look very interesting! I cannot wait to see what you create...I know it will fantastic!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Well I can't wait to see what you're going to make! Yep, every now and then I need to take a break - too much stimuli!

Manuela

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

The fabrics are beautiful and those little acorns...fantastic. Can't wait to see what you are up to.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I understand needing time to slow down and take a break...that is what I had also, this weekend. I understand misplacing keys, causing me to smile as I read.

Now, regarding the fabrics you shared with us. I am so looking forward to seeing what your creative juices will be producing. I know it will be beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Ah, such beautiful fabrics and adorable acorns...looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

Happy Monday to you...hope you enjoy a wonderful week!

Blessings, my friend!
~Michelle :)