Monday, December 1, 2008

An Arrangement REDO.....

This is the before....and the magnolias really were way more yellow than the photo even suggests......um, time to go bye-bye......and the golden dried flowers.....um, way too dusty.....buh-bye.....Remember my Land Sakes Alive trip to Hobby Lobby??? This bag is chock full of redo goodness........so I pulled out the yellowed magnolias, the dusty golden dried stuff....and replaced it with some other albeit faux pretties......and this is what I came up with.
I still want to get a few more feathers, but they were running short that day. I"ll add five more or so.....what do you think? And it's now bigger so I had to move the lamp! Funny how these things projects grow on us, isn't it?????
So give me your thoughts...what does it need? Donna, Miss Expert Flower Arranger, tell me how to make it look more bee-u-tee-ful.......


Edited to add that in the picture it looks heavy with darker green on the bottom half...I may have to check that out and move some of that around, but I don't remember it looking so dark green on the bottom.....I'll go check that out. I do love the feathers...... and those little spiky pink things. It is a little wild looking, but isn't that what makes it look a little more natural, considering it is a FAUX arrangement??? Give me your thoughts....

10 comments:

Sit A Spell said...

Very pretty!

Pug1 said...

I like it...kinda exotic looking! CHEERS! Michele

Cathy said...

I think it looks fabulous! You did a great job!

Cathy

Jennifer P. said...

Feathers are always a good addition to faux stuff! Love them!

I am so sorry it's taken me so long to get over here and give you a big THANK YOU for that wonderful comment you left on my blog the other day. Prayers on my behalf are so, so, so appreciated and felt!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love the spiky pink things. I love pink and red for the holidays though.

Designs on 47th Street said...

It looks nice, Suzanne. Would you like to be my partner? :)
Donna

Liz Harrell said...

Oooh, great job!

Rebecca said...

Oh wow! Talk about a total makeover. I love it! And I especially love the feathers!

Rue said...

Hi Suzanne :)

I'm so sorry I missed your giveaway! Congratulations to the winner :)

I think the arrangement is beautiful! I'm a mess when it comes to flower arranging so I appreciate the effort this sort of thing takes. Great job! :)

rue

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

It's so nice to meet you, another Southern girl! Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to sharing Christmas with all of you girls & am getting most of mine done. Come back to see me again!