Monday, December 15, 2008

Charlie Brown christmas....

This image came from I-Love-Cartoons.com......but it reminded me of my Christmas....it's not perfect, but that is not required for worship. God does not expect us to come to Him in perfection. In fact, that's HIS job. He just wants us to come. Limping, blinded, dumb, hurting.....that's ok. So when we expect things to be perfect, we are setting ourselves up for disaster....in fact, we are saying that we know better, that we can do without Him, that we are somehow ok with getting along by ourselves. Um, I'm sure that I cannot do that. I'm sure that I desperately need HIM to work for me in the perfection dept. Because my attempts fail everytime.
Anyway, the reason for Christmas isn't ME anyway. But He blesses us and allows us to come together as families, to come together as friends, to share the "magic" of Christmas that we've determined is surely the way it was back in that fateful night in Bethlehem.
So whatever your traditions are, remember that Christmas brings us to worship. "Oh, come let us adore HIM, Christ the Lord."
Enjoy Him, enjoy your family, and the blessing that you have because of who you are IN HIM.
Have a blessed day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A SPECIAL BLOG.THANK YOU ....ANN

Lulu and Co. said...

Perfectly said. thank you for a great post on this Monday.
LuLu

Designs on 47th Street said...

Suzanne, you really said that well. That was almost as good as a Sunday sermon and something we all need to be reminded of.

Thank you for this thought-provoking post.

Donna aka Charlie Brown..far less than perfect

Cathy said...

Great post! I love your blog!

Cathy

Bo said...

Amen! ;-) Bo

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Well said. :) Hey, you won't believe it (maybe you will...) but I DO have a project for toilet paper rolls!! HA!! I almost lost it when you said that. It is to make cute candy holders at Halloween. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I tried to comment on the most recent post but was having problems...but wanted to say I am so happy you posted a recipe for icing! I have a recipe that uses butter instead of corn syrup, and it never dries quite hard enough and all my hard work ends up mashing together. So I am happy to have an alternative! :)
Carrie