Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Visions of Sugar Plums.....

I am absent today as I create my visions of sugar plums in my house........Eye candy? Well, it is about to explode in my house....will it be perfect? Probably not, and I set myself up for major disappointment when I expect it to be. BUT, it will be for me and my family and it will be festive and fun and holiday-ish. I hope it will not be so over the top that I or anyone who visits will forget the real reason that Christmas is celebrated. I'm ALL OVER the pretty and glittery and red and silver and bright lights.....but I also am very thankful for the reason for the season. The real reason we can even celebrate Christmas is the birth of Christ. It IS a big deal, it IS a reason to celebrate...so bring it on....
I just need a little more time to bring it on.......I don't like to feel rushed...so when I've got the decorating done, I'll be back with pics. Until then, the Google images will be working overtime. Besides, who could resist these little cuties......and the eye candy! See you soon!

12 comments:

Southern Lady said...

I enjoyed this post, Suzanne, and can't wait to see your house when you finish decorating.

Have fun !

Sincerely,

Janie

Controlling My Chaos said...

Good luck with your decorating. I have to take mine in small bites or I lose steam.

Pug1 said...

Nice blog today, yes, Jesus is the reason for the season! CHEERS! Michele

Cathy said...

Have fun decorating. You know we're looking forward to the pictures.

Cathy

Designs on 47th Street said...

Suzanne, you hit it for sure. We shouldn't be so concerned over how everything looks. We should be thinking more about the birth of Jesus and what that means to us!
The picture of the little girls is just precious.

Jen said...

Sugarland is a great town. I designed a retail store there a few years back and loved the area.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Can't wait to see your decorations!
-sandy toes

Jen said...

We went to Jackson,MS for Thanksgiving. I hope your home is all filled with Beautiful Sugar Plums by now.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I'll look forward to seeing all your Christmas decor too! And you're so right about keeping Christ in Christmas, we gotta do that.

Liz Harrell said...

Take your time! It is NO fun if you feel rushed. That pic is precious!

CMB said...

Hope the decorating is coming along...I have felt a little added presure to get it done so I could post pics. I am almost there!

Amy said...

THis would be an awesome Christmas Card!!!