Friday, December 12, 2008

A small corner of my world....



The mantle and fireplace in the den......new decor this year. Who am I kidding? Do I EVER do it the same way from year to year??? Nah......
But at least it's DONE....moving on to the next thing......have a wonderful day!



Edited to add that we really do not use our fireplace anyway so the problem with things catching fire is not an issue. My mantle is only about four inches wide ( I would love to widen it someday and make it a much bigger focal point of the room...one day) so with the mirror resting on it, I cannot really put much there. I guess I could rehang the mirror....I think I took it down to paint the wall or paint the mirror! It used to be gold.... and the fireplace has glass doors, but I don't like the way they look, so I just use the screen as a decorative piece....and it IS Southern Living at HOME.....so of course I have to have it to demo!!! ;)
Anyway, it's not perfect, but it's good for now. Off to finish up things around here.......

8 comments:

Pug1 said...

Hi Suzanne, your mantle looks gorgeous! cheers! Michele

Anonymous said...

I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING GREENERY ON THE FIREPLACE SCREEN.GREAT IDEA.THANKS...ANN

Darlene said...

I LOVE your mantle and fireplace screen. So festive and beautiful! Did you get snow the other day? My parents that live by Hobby Airport called just giddy with excitement that it was snowing!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the greenery on the fireplace screen....GREAT idea! Merry CHRISTmas!

Cathy said...

Beautiful! Great idea to swag the garland on the fp screen.

Controlling My Chaos said...

It's all very gorgeous. A fireplace with a small mantle is much better than no fireplace at all. Looks great!

Lamp Tramp said...

I love how you did the swags on both the mirror and fireplace. So pretty.

Miss Janice said...

Love the decorations on your mantel and fireplace screen.