Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Fives!!!



What's on tap today, my friends??  I've got some housecleaning to do.  I love the results, but I don't like to clean house.  I love the results, in fact, but not so much the steps getting there....what about you, do you enjoy cleaning??

Hey, let's make our Friday Fives about cleaning........wanna play along??

1. Do you enjoy cleaning?

2. What's your favorite cleaning tool or product?  Do you love it enough that you could do a commercial about it???

3. What do you remember about your mom or your grandmother cleaning?

4. What is your favorite "clean" smell?

5.  What's your LEAST favorite chore/cleaning step?


There are some chores that I enjoy toward cleaning my house, but not all.....I do love a clean house.  There are time when I'll see a gorgeous house, beautifully decorated, and I"ll come home and just want to clean and beautify my own space.  I love my home and enjoy making it look nice.  So sometimes, it just feels good to give it a once over.  Other times, it just seems overwhelming.  I KNOW that it can feel that way when the kids are going twenty seven different ways and there is stuff associated with that.  In fact, my daughter's room upstairs....well, I just don't go upstairs a lot!!!  I am hoping, like me, that with age and maturity, she will love cleanliness a little more!!

As I've gotten older, I have realized that I like more order than I used to.  There are areas that have piles and every once in a while, I can't take it any more......I wish I thought in a more organized way, so that those piles didn't build up, and that I was more diligent to not let the piles build up.  But, I'm not there yet.  I'm a work in progress!!!

My favorite cleaning tool might be a vacuum.  I cannot imagine having to clean w/o it!  Not that I love to use it, but I can't imagine not having one! 
I don't remember a lot about my mom cleaning, although I am sure she did.  My granny had a fairly large house for her, and I am sure she cleaned a good bit, too...but I don't remember seeing her clean.  When we were there, she was just enjoying visiting.  What I do remember is having chores at home, and my step father, who used to be in Navy, had high cleanliness standards!! We oftn h


There used to be a Windex product that was potporri scented.....I used to love that scent.  But unfortunately, they don't make it anymore.  I do like Lemon scented cleansers, and some light scents of lavendar.  There is also a comforting smell of PineSol, if it isn't too heavy.

Cleaning floors and bathrooms is my least favorite chore.  But the end result is worth it, right?  It was a little bit of a challenge with my shoulder after surgery, so I did have some help with that.  I hired a girl who still comes once every two or three weeks.....it's just nice to have some help, isn't it?

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

Do you have piles?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

1. Yes. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I enjoy the end results.

2. Swiffer duster and Comet Spray/Powder. Probably a duster commercial.

3. My mom and I cleaned every Saturday morning. Mom use to recycle my dad's t-shirts and underwear. Me, dad's undies and Pledge could get some dusting done :)

4. Comet and Pinesol

5. Mopping