Monday, October 27, 2008

Do YOU have a lot to do?


I was thinking this morning how much I have to do in the next two months......(yes someone told me that Christimas is two months away, and that was a few days ago!!! :0

So this morning, I thought I'd go looking for some motivation!!! Here are a few quotes I found from those that have gone before us, and were fairly successful, I might add.


Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.Robert Collier

The greatest results in life are usually attained by simple means and the exercise of ordinary qualities. These may for the most part be summed in these two: common-sense and
perseverance.Owen Feltham
The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do, well.
Henry W. Longfellow

Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose--a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.Mary Shelley


And then there is always the Bible......"I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me"......and don't you think that means even the everyday, mundane things that we as moms, wives, workers and caregivers need to accomplish???? I sure do, and rely heavily on it!

Have a good Monday and a good time making your lists and checking them twice!! ;)

7 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I did a post the other day about slowing down. It's a tough thing to do when life is so hectic. You're right about the Bible...I need to rely on the Word more often.

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Thomas Jefferson was just full of great quotes :)...says the woman who has spent the day in PJ bottoms and a sweatshirt...

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Slowly...but, surely I will be caught up with my posts. Then I'm off to the Seattle Gifts (cash& carry) show. Yea! Shopping! Were the pics of the apothecary jars on the (white) mantle from your living room? Gorgeous!
I'd like to make your pumpkin dip, but wasn't clear on what pumpkin to use. Are you referring to Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling?
Thanks for stopping by my lil' blog.
*Sweet Wishes*!
Sara

southerninspiration said...

The pumpkin that you use is NOT the product labeled Pumpkin Pie Filling, as it has other products added. You want to use the plain pureed pumpkin in the can. Hope you enjoy! One of the pics of the mantle was my den, the other (the last one) was from the Southern Living at HOME convention.

Amie said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Pretty Organizer said...

Great blog! Love the pictures! Thank you so much for visiting mine! I'll be having a giveaway for letters from Santa (with a Christian message) coming up next week so please stop by again!

Rue said...

Great quotes Suzanne :)

I can't belive it's almost here! I had better get to shopping!!

rue