Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberries....



Who doesn't love them??  Here's five easy steps from Real Simple toward these beauties!!!

And they are healthier than just PLAIN chocolate....
1. Chop the chocolate (coarsely chop 4 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate then wash and dry 1 pound of strawberries (about 20)



2. Melt the chocolate (Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth)
3. Dip the strawberries. (holding the strawberry by the stem end, dip in the melted chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off.  Your strawberries must be DRY.  Repeat with remaining berries)
4.Place on a pan. (transfer the dipped strawberries onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.  As you set each berry down, slide it 1/2 inch to the side to prevent formation of a chocolate foot)
5.  Chill, then enjoy! (refrigerate the strawberries until the chocolate is firm, at least 30 minutes...go for a walk if you need to!  They will keep for up to 3 days, covered in the refrigerator.

Enjoy! What about you?? Do you like chocolate covered strawberries??

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love chocolate covered strawberries! I found some sugar free chocolate for dipping last year. They were the perfect valentine treat for the husband.

April said...

Be still my heart! These would be a perfect treat to make for Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

for the rehearsal party at our daughter's wedding last july, the MIL made these and served them in an ice bowl she made with pansies in the brim. Spectacular presentation and delicious to the last bite!
Rosemary

Stacey said...

I love them too! Something about the combination of the two flavors is just heavenly. I've never made chocolate covered strawberries though. That would be wonderful for Valentines.

Beverly said...

Yum!! I loooove chocolate dipped strawberries. Your's look wonderful. It is my job to make them for all my granddaughter's birthdays. I am making them today, for a sweet 8 yr. old, only I use chocolate chips melted in a double boiler.
I checked in several times in December, and am glad to see you posting again. I have been missing alot too, and have noticed a lot of bloggers spending more time with Pinterest too.
Congrats on the new memebers coming to your family. Life sure gets crazy, just when you think it will settle down.
What a fun business to be in too.
Wishing you all the best in the new year for you and your family and your growing business.
I will be checking back in to see how it's going.