Thursday, September 1, 2011

I finally got my couch!!!

Happy September 1st......here's to COOLER Days, hopefully!!!

It looks like my house is under construction since I've sort of turned everything upside down, with the new couch coming yesterday and all........boy have I got some work cut out for me! 
I LOVE, LOVE the couch....you'll remember it looks like this....

When we picked it out, they really had no red accent fabrics that I liked for the pillows, so I decided to go a different route, and if I didn't like them, or couldn't make them work, I had the option to purchase or make some different pillows.  Well, I REALLY like them.  It requires me changing out some accessories and doing away with some RED things I had in that room, but I decided the change is good and I really like that colors.  I had already two areas of green accent walls, and it goes perfectly with those.  I have two blue wing back chairs in there that must be covered anyway, so I'll be trying to find some fabric that coordinates with it all and get those done.  I'm planning to replace the drapes, too, so I'm hoping it all falls in to place easily......what do you think....what kind of fabric would you choose to go with this???  In the photo, it doesn't show as well, so I will try to get some photos later of it actually in my room...but in the meantime, I have to get everything reasonably put back together as my son and his girlfriend are coming for a visit this weekend.......yikes, I better get moving!!!


5 comments:

Miss Char said...

Suzanne, I can't wait to see the progress. I love that new sofa!

Cathy said...

I love the sofa too! All the hard work will be worth it.

Debbie said...

I love it. It's exactly what I would like. Neutral and classic.

FrouFrouBritches said...

I like it!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it in your house. Sounds like work, bt FUN work.

sheila from life @ #17 said...

that is a nice couch! traditional but fresh...good work :)