Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Willow House Weekly

Well, since Wednesday is almost over, and I am almost out the door to go see my g'baby, I can't resist telling you to go right on over to my Willow House webpage, and to the eOutlet, and see if there are any of these babies left!  Can you believe they are selling for only $3.96 and the rectangular ones to match only $7.96????? What a deal...and can you imagine how smart we'd all look if we had some quick breads and these wrapped together in cellophane for quick gifts for the holidays??? Whoa, girls!  Run right over and see if they are still there!  My webpage is southerninspiration.willowhouse.com. 

And here's the best banana bread recipe I've ever come across....fast, easy and delicious!
All Time Favorite Banana Bread:
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
 1/2 t. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. margarine or butter (1 stick)
2 to 4 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
chopped walnuts or pecans

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  In food processor or blender, puree eggs, margarine and bananas.  Stir into dry ingredients.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.  Test if done.  May need additional 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and set for 5 minutes and remove from pan.  Makes 1 large or 2 small loaves.
Enjoy.
Hopefully I'll be back with some baby pics soon!!!

3 comments:

Miss Char said...

Thanks Suzanne, I did run over and pick up some of the trivets. I can't believe how inexpensive the shipping was considering the number of them I purchased. They will make great gifts for the holidays just as you said.

Enjoy your new grand baby

April said...

Those are great bargains, Suzanne...don't tempt me too much! Thanks for sharing that banana bread recipe. I just might make a loaf or two to give to Brittany when I see her next weekend at one of her meets.

Rebecca said...

I'm thinking about you today, Peaches...how you're holding and loving on the baby girl. Sweet, precious times.