Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Willow House Weekly!

My fabric pumpkins I made last year, nestled in the Cyprus Footed Bowl...it's hammered metal, dark copper colored.
Don't you just love white pumpkins?  This one sits on the Barley Twist Pedestal.  I got that leaf garland last year at Pottery Barn after the season, so it was a bargain!!!  It's just gorgeous! The pumpkin was from Hobby Lobby several years ago.

the retired Brimfield Tray holds some copper acorn bells that I got at Hallmark long ago....love those, as well as a copper wire pumpkin that likely came from Hobby Lobby!
Today is Wednesday and time for the second edition of Willow House Weekly.  What do you think? Did you enjoy the first edition last week?  I talked about Hurricanes, specifically the Galveston Hurricane and its many looks and uses.  Today, I am talking about a few items, and showing some of my fall decor that I worked on yesterday.  Since it is the first day after having worked on the decor, I can pretty much predict that some of it will be further tweaked, like the Galveston Hurricane that I put Indian corn in......I like it ok, but it needs a little oomph.  Do you do that......live with the first pass, until you decide to tweak it again and make it a little better? Or do you say to yourself, " I have only enough time to get it right the first time, and then will just live with it thru the rest of the season, and feel no need to tweak.."  To each her own, I guess!  Anyway, I also want to make a wreath for my family room to hang over a large mirror, so hopefully I will get that done, and have that to show you in coming days.
First I have a bit of Willow House news to tell you about.  Remember last week, I was so excited to tell you that now you can go directly to my website to shop? There are several fabulous products there that we are running on special.....as in a % off......GREAT products, so go check it out at southerninspiration.willowhouse.com .  And remember that if you buy $39.96, then  you can get a $40 or less product for half price? Well, for October , a bonus is that if you spend $59.96, you can get a $60 or less product for half price!! So those Galveston Hurricanes?  You can buy the large one, and get the small one at half off!! Cool, right?  Also, the eOutlet is up and running and is chockful of GREAT products.  Start your Christmas shopping today and it will be shipped directly to you! How wonderful!!
So a few pics of my fall decor.......and then a recipe. Sound good to you?
The Filigree Iron Candlestand on the retired French Quarter Tray adorned with fall leaves...ahhh...


Drake Lantern dressed up for fall!  A candle in sand and some tiny plastic pumpkins around it; tie a rafia knot around.
Well, gotta run today to a Willow House accountability group meeting.  Here's a quick recipe for you for a fall get together.....
Creamy Pumpkin Dip

2 (8oz) pkgs. Cream Cheese, softened
1 (16oz) pkg. powdered sugar, sifted
1 (16oz.) can pureed pumpkin
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg

Beat cream cheese at med. speed with mixer until creamy, gradually adding sugar and beating well.  Stir in pumpkin and spices.  Serve with apple slices (have you tried Honey Crisp apples?? YUM!) and/or gingersnaps!! Makes 5 cups, so you have lots to share!!!  Enjoy!

5 comments:

Miss Char said...

Suzanne, you home looks so festive. I'm still struggling trying to get things in order so I can finish decorating. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh, and I love Willow House Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I love that barley twist pedestal. I see not only in fall decor but it being used over and over and over again as a decorating staple. I want one of those!!

Debbie said...

I love the barley twist pedestal. I think that's been around a while, right? I also think my niece got one for a shower gift. I love it.

I'm KEEPING that pumpkin recipe!!
And if I do some Christmas shopping or DEBBIE shopping, I'm doing it here!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your fall decoring is so inspiring to me. You have some beautiful pieces. Thank you for sharing that delicious sounding recipe. I am copying that for this family.

Beverly said...

Your fall decorations are just in time. It has turned to fall here over night. I am so excited to get some decorating done.
Love your Willow House Wednesday. Missed it last week, but will know to watch for it now. Your recipe sounds good. Just had my first Honey Crisp apple on Sat.