Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a NEW day

Ahhh, the quiet, the spring morning.......it's a new day full of great possibilities!!!
It will indeed be more spring like by the end of the week.



And I thought I'd share with you some fantastic Customer Service I got this morning.


Recently, I bought a package of Dixie Perfect Touch Grab and Go disposable cups.....my daughter loves to fix a cup of coffee on her way out the door to school.  And it's better than her spending two bucks everyday for a stop at a local well-known coffee shop........anyhoo, I bought these cups and as we began to use them, discovered that more than half of the black plastic lids had cracks in them, rendering the lids essentially useless.  You cover the cup, but it leaks anyway.....hmmm, not good with hot coffee.  So this morning, she nonchalantly said, "you should call the company about that".  I decided that since I had bought TWO packages of 26 count cups that she had  a great idea!  So I did, and talked to a very pleasant customer service rep, who agreed to send me a coupon for a free package and to pass the info onto their quality control representative.  So, I encourage you to give that 1-800 number a call if you find a product that has a defect.......it's a nice thing to happen on a Monday morning.....

Other news....
Yesterday, we heard a sermon on fasting and prayer.....both on an individual and corporate or national level....More than ever, I am seeing that this could be a great thing for us to do.  It might be fasting from food, OR fasting from whatever draws you away from God.......news coverage, too much time on the computer, shopping, whatever....good things to consider.  Have a marvelous Monday, my friends....

Some things coming up on my blog are a book review of  A Rather Charming Invitation, by C. A. Belmond, as well as a few photos of my Easter/spring decor, and the beginning of  a series hosted by Sandy Coughlin at Reluctant Entertainer on "Home Is"..........it's shaping up to be a great time to be a blogger!!!  See you soon.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

It's good to know that customer service still exists.:) Glad you got that resolve.
PS How is your friend doing? Is she out of the hospital yet?

April said...

If I'm not happy with a particular product, I never pass up the opportunity to call their customer service dept. I've gotten numerous coupons for free products, too, which is great!

southerninspiration said...

So you all will know, Mary is out of the hospital, at home working to get stronger. She is waiting to her from her oncologist team when to start back what medications, etc. Please pray she will get stronger daily.
thanks!

karen said...

Glad you called about the lids. And glad the company it sending you a coupon.Good luck with your fasting if you do it. I can never stop doing something I really like. But should try it sometime.

Leslie said...

I was having trouble posting a comment... but I got it to work!

Glad to hear that you were able to get a positive response from the customer service department for the Dixie cup lids. Those are the kinds of companies that I like to purchase from.

It's good news about your friend Mary being out of the hospital. I pray that she continues to gain more strength every day.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Good for you for calling in! I called about a gross loaf of bread once and we got some coupons for free loafs and the local rep came to our HOUSE to pick up the questionable loaf and brought us two loaves. :) I feel like if I'm going to spend money, I want the product to be right!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Have a great Monday Suzanne!! It is so nice to hear that some companies have good policies on their products!

XXO
Jen

Love the Decor! said...

tis always a pleasant surprise when the customer service people actually do their jobs. Glad you had a great experience and thanks for sharing.

Diana Ferguson said...

Have a great week, Suzanne.

Beverly said...

Good for you for calling the company. How will they know if someone doesn't tell them, right? I have noticed lately that people have been nicer both on the phone and at the stores. Whether it is a problem or just a question, I think it might be a sign of the times. It doesn't hurt to be kind and customer service is what gets you to come back.
Hope your friend is doing better and I am looking forward to seeing what you have to post next.

Holly Lefevre said...

I am always happy to hear about and experience good customer service. Good for you for calling!

Anonymous said...

Can you give me any good tips for talking with the IRS? Just askin'.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Thanks so much for your sweet visit this morning. I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things!

Have a wonderful day!
XOXO
Cathy