Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Birthday of a King


An old melodious hymn, the origins of 'Birthday of a King' is not known. However, its cheery tune makes it a popular number on Christmas.

I will be singing this song in a ladies trio tomorrow night, along with several other choir selections. I just love this song, and thought I'd share the words with y'all.


In the little village of Bethlehem,
There lay a child one day,
And the sky was bright,
With a holy light,
O'er the place where Jesus lay.

Alleluia!
O how the angels sang!
Alleluia!
How it rang!
And the sky was bright,
With a holy light,
'Twas the birthday of a King.

Twas a humble birthplace,
But O!
How much God gave to us that day!
From the manger bed what a path has led,
What a perfect holy way.

Alleluia!
O how the angels sang!
Alleluia!
How it rang!
And the sky was bright,
With a Holy light,
'Twas the birthday of THE Savior!
Alleluia, Alleluia,
Twas the Birthday,
OF THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!


7 comments:

Debbie said...

One of my favorites! Debbie

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Beautiful song!! I know you will do a great job singing it. Wish I was there to hear the program. Love & blessings from NC!

Lee said...

Come let us adore HIM! Alleluia!
I am sure it will bless all that hears it.
Lee

Lisa said...

This is going to be beautiful! And it will minister to many!

Haley said...

that was beautifuuuuuul....

The Novice Chef said...

Love your blog! I am originally from Houston, Texas and my grandparents live next door to you in Katy and reading through your blog reminds me of the wonderful types of people back home!

Robin said...

How wonderful...you can sing!
The song is profound
Robin
All Things Heart and HOme