Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bells will be ringing......



Wedding bells, that is......
This is a big week for us....my middle child, my second son, is getting married next weekend.  A week from today, he'll be a married man!  Wow, doesn't time fly??  So, as you may or may not know, there is a lot less to do as the Mother of the Groom, as opposed to the Mother of the Bride.  I still have that role to play sometime in the future, hopefully not TOO SOON!!  The wedding will be held in a lovely little wedding chapel, and the bridesmaids will be wearing navy dresses and simple sandals.....carrying a bouquet of wildflowers.  I am excited to see how months of planning actually play out and look. My future daughter in law is very talented and has a wonderful eye for detail!

We, as the parents of the groom, are responsible for the Rehearsal Dinner, so I have been busy planning that.  I have been making some burlap runners to put on each table.  On each runner, we will have a square vase of daisies and babies breath, with lemon slices around the outside of the container the flowers go into.....onto that I will tie a navy ribbon around the outside of the square vase.  I also plan to have another container of candy (kisses) as part of the centerpiece.  Sure hope it turns out as cute as I think it will!! =)
The week will be fun, and gathering the family together will be a real blessing!! I am very excited.  Of course, I will post pictures next week of how things turn out.
Grandbabies will be here on Thursday!! So excited about that, too!!!  Can you imagine??!
What a week it is going to be!!! 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sweet Suzanne, I hope this week is filled with memorable moments for you and your family. May God Bless this marriage. I hope this young lady knows how lucky she is to be getting such a sweet and loving MIL.

Rebecca said...

Suzanne, I am so excited for you, and your family. What a wonderful weekend ahead for you, and I know everything will be just perfect. Your table arrangements sound lovely.