Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We have a winner and a Tasty Tuesday recipe!

I went about the task of drawing a winner for the Southern Lady SUMMER Celebration magazine this morning, and I'm pleased to announce the winner is domestic diva
Rhonda over at Scooterblu's whimsy!!!! Congrats, Rhonda, if you will email me with your mailing address, I'll get you started on planning a fun, fun summer celebration by sending you an autographed (ok, just kidding, why would you want my autograph on it????LOL.) a copy of the latest Celebration magazine published by Hoffman Publications over there in AL........




And to join up in Jen's Tasty Tuesday celebration, I thought I'd share an old family favorite recipe that is simple and tasty.......a favorite every time I make them. I give you the recipe for my famous Applesauce Muffins......

Applesauce Muffins

1/2 c. oil
1 c. sugar
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. applesauce
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. allspice
1 egg

Put all dry ingredients in mixing bowl and stir well. Mix egg and oil together, then add applesauce. Stir together until all ingredients are moistened. Bake in muffin tins at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found your blog through one I have, but as many things, I don't remember without seeing the name. This is a absolute beautiful site. I would love to follow and invite you to visit me in my Ky. neck of the woods. I have a son in Austin Tx.I love this magazine.

April said...

Big congrats to Rhonda! Oh, those applesauce muffins are making my mouth water...yummo!

Stacey said...

So sweet of you to give away the magazine Suzanne. The muffins look so good and I think I have everything!! Thanks.

Liz Harrell said...

Yum, this recipe sounds fantastic!

Bee said...

I missed the give-away but I'm making the muffins!

Lois Christensen said...

Congrats to the winner and of course she'd want your autograph!!! Muffins look yummy! Enjoy your day!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oooh, those muffins sound yummy! :)

Domestic Designer said...

The muffins sound so yummy! I am an apple girl so I am sure I will love them. Thanks!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Mmmm, those muffins sound wonderful! Just what I need.

XOXO
Jen

Just a little something from Judy said...

I love discovering new recipes and this one looks like one I would really like. I can't wait to try them. I thorougly enjoy every visit to your blog. Thank you for all your kind comments on mine. I am so thankful for the blogging world.

Lisa said...

The muffins sound delicious. I love muffins in the summer with salads. Yum!

Unknown said...

Yum! I'm excited to try these, I bet they'll make a great after school snack! thanks for sharing.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

These sound so yummy, and with the applesauce they have to be pretty healthy, too, right? :) Thanks for sharing this with us!
Carrie

Happy@Home said...

Thanks so much for your visit today and also for leaving such sweet comments. This muffin recipe sounds heavenly. I can almost smell the apple & spice scent coming from the oven now. I will be trying these for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

Oh wow. I have a recipe for applesauce bread that is almost exactly like this and I had forgotten about it. So good!! Now, I need to make a loaf.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Jumping up and down for those muffins!!! YUM!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

yea for Rhonda's win...and thanks for joining me with this yummy recipe. It's been awhile since I've used applesauce and I need to get some at Sam's club. This would be so good.

Cathy said...

The muffins sound yummy!

Jeanne Oliver said...

These sound delicious!!!