Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall decor, remembering 9/11, and preparing for Ike





Well, as promised, I have a few pics of my fall decor, but I must be brief, as today is a day during which other preparation must be done and with which other things must be dealt. Not only do we look back at the devastation that 9/11 brought, we now have a pending visit from Hurricane Ike. They are saying it will be a Category 3 or 4 and it is at the present time, coming right toward us, as in right over my town! We will not be evacuating, as I am sure the roads will get very congested from those evacuating from the south of us. The main concern for us is not the flooding, but the winds and our beautiful pecan trees that lose limbs easily anyway. We will board up some windows,move any loose items from the yard, and continue to watch the storm. Please pray for those along the Texas/La. coastline.

So here are a couple of pics of my fall decor; yesterday and the day before were more carefree and I could think of brighter, cooler days ahead. Today is not quite as carefree, but is rooted and grounded in the fact that God is sovereign and will watch over us through the storm. Remember he calmed the storm? Well, He is the one who calms us through the storm, whether the storm is calmed or not.....that must be the paramount thought for this day.

7 comments:

duchess said...

I pray that you won't have too much damage from the storm.
Your home is looking beautiful for fall.
Be safe.

Heather @ Home said...

Love the barley twist pedestal with the pumpkin and glass dome. I am doing a table at an event next month, and I am definitely going to use that idea. Praying for you during the storm. My husband is flying into Houston early tomorrow morning. We are watching this storm very closely.

Lamp Tramp said...

I'll be praying for you and all the people in the path of the storm. Be safe!
Love your fall decorations!

Ashley said...

Love the front door! and the tray on the wall. you are right. God IS sovereign and his ways are not our ways and His thoughts are so much higher than ours. We could never fathom the depths of His plans. Hope you stay safe through the storm.

Michelle said...

Y'all be safe!!!!!! Having been in SC after Hugo I just don't know if I could stay through it (wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!).

BTW, your decorations look Mah-velous. If I could get one day of "coolish" temps I would start getting mine out.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Beautiful Fall decor!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hello! I stumbled onto your site from Grits and Glamour. You have such lovely fall decor! I love your site. I am a fellow Texan, by way of Dallas, and a newbie to the blogging world. I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow me too! Be blessed!