Sunday, July 14, 2013

I am thinking of coming back to blogging, but it seems things have really changed for me.  I would be blogging about various things as I did before, adding in my Sara Blaine for Willow House designer jewelry business into the new mix.  I recently had a "light bulb" moment that I have always enjoyed being a "connector". I love connecting with people, I love connecting people TO people and I love connecting people to things, ideas and products that help or delight them!  I love innovative ideas that actually DO connect a need to a solution!  I even love puzzles, I suppose because they are like reconciling the big picture!! 
I also realize that the blogging world has really changed.  What's going out there in the blogging world?? What do you want to see when you visit blogs?  What kinds of blogs make you want to re-visit??  I'd love to know your thoughts!!!
In the meantime, you can check out our new line of Sara Blaine jewelry for Willow House on my website, http://southerninspiration.willowhouse.com.  Just so you will know, there are a number of very low priced home decor items, still over there on the outlet on my website....we've sold so much of our home decor at a greatly reduced price and there are STILL great inexpensive bargains!!  You might want to check it out!!

4 comments:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Welcome Back! (Well my blog is pretty dead, but I'm glad your's has been revived!)

Frankly, the blogging world has gotten more intimidating I think. The big names all seem to have corporate sponsors and it's all about driving traffic to your brand. What attracts me initially to a blog is useful content. That doesn't mean it has to be full of facts, but there has to be something I connect with. (Aha! Your strength!). What keeps me coming back is a personal relationship with the author. Does the author care enough about readers to answer comments? Initiate dialogue and participate beyond the standard "ask them a question at the end of the post"? If the blog is used to promote a business, does the author keep things fresh and interesting? Compensation is fair - writing, editing, and keeping up with a blog is time and labor intensive!
Just my .02...looking forward to reading more!

southerninspiration said...

Thanks, Renee for adding your .02! It IS valuable! I agree with what you said. That is what discouraged me before. It is hard to "compete" with corporate sponsors and giveaways! I don't think I"m up for all of that! I did a few things like that before, but not sure where that fits in now. As for now, I do want to get back; it's a matter of the time it takes and if I feel it's adding value to others and to me. Thanks for sharing!!

Beverly said...

Hi Suzanne. I can't believe I found a new post from you. I was just visiting some blogs I haven't visited in a while and thought I would check on you. I always enjoyed your blog. I love getting to know bloggers personal life as well as being inspired by what inspires them. I haven't posted for a couple of months, but it is an outlet for me to chronicle my life. Of course I want to be interesting to others, but I guess I write for me and my family and friends most of all. I hope I can pop in here once in a while and find out what's going on with you.

southerninspiration said...

Thanks, Beverly!! I enjoyed getting to know you thru the blogging world...wouldn't have had the pleasure w/o you reaching out, so I do truly appreciate it! Thanks so much for your kind words!
Suzanne