Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Fridays seem to come so fast....does anyone else think that the weeks fly by? Maybe that's because we have a wedding (my second son) in 15 days and I'm busy getting all those last minute things done??? Anyway, it seems like I was JUST posting Friday Fives, and here it is time to post them again!!! Hope you'll join in the fun, and answer the questions in the comments. It's just a fun way for us to share info and get to know one another.......so....HERE we go!!!! By the way, hope you enjoy your holiday weekend......
1. Do you have any big plans for the holiday weekend??
2. Would your best getaway be to the beach or to the mountains?
3. What is the last wedding you attended?
4. Have you ever been sky-diving?
5. Would you consider yourself adventurous??
Posted by southerninspiration at 6:22 AM
Thursday, May 24, 2012
A friend posed this question yesterday and it made me pause to think about it. "When you need to be inspired to make some progress in a creative project, what do you do?"
Do you stop the world around you and get away to concentrate?? Do you look for inspiration in other blogs, magazines, Pinterest, or whatever your favorite source of inspiration is?? Do you grab a cup of coffee and just sit?? Maybe you garden or go for a walk, or clean to spur your brain on, keeping busy but letting your mind wander creatively??
I am sure that all of us bloggers have NO lack of places to find inspiration for your next DIY project or your next creative endeavor. I have found, in fact, times in my life where I needed to UNplug from blogs and magazines and other inputs, just simply because I felt like I was on overload/overstimulation! Ever been there??? Or you simply must STOP getting creative info and put some action into your dreaming.......otherwise nothing gets done, except some sitting and staring at the computer!! And a little getting behind in laundry, domestic affairs and such?? Yes, we've all been there, too!!!
So I was so sure that this was a universal problem, that I went to my best friend Google (is this where the idea for Siri came from, because I ask Google questions all the time!!) to see what could be found about how to get out of a creative slump....and here are just a few of the first entries found when asking the question.........see, it's universal!!!
And there are even more!!
So in the comments, leave me a few ideas of yours that you have to spur on creativity when you are in a slump and need some UMPH added to your creative work.....or maybe you don't even have a creative side...what do you do then?? Should be an interesting topic to discuss!!! Tell me your thoughts!~!
Posted by southerninspiration at 7:18 AM
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
|shop these deals at http://southerninspiration.willowhouse.com|
This is a feature I had begun a while back.....not so much to SELL something but to give some good ideas, some good recipes and highlight some things that might benefit you. And I have to believe you don't mind reading about GREAT sales, especially if you are shopping for wedding gifts, birthday gifts or just want to spruce something up in your home for a fraction of the price. So while I don't want you to think that I am trying to be a salesperson here, I DO want you to know what great things Willow House has to offer. And after all, it IS a part of who I am....so if you're not interested, you can click away......if you are, let me tell you a few little things about what WH has to offer you this week!
Many of you may not know that Willow House now has TWO divisions! Yes, in addition to our GREAT home decor division, we have a new designer line of jewelry (our designer is Sara Blaine--have you heard of her?) One can be a consultant for just home decor OR just jewelry or Both. I have chosen to do both. Willow House has allowed us to earn FREE jewelry for sales, so I've managed to collect a pretty good collection. SO fun!
But the few things I want you to know about Willow House today are:
1. We have an online Outlet, where you can find great buys for your home or for gifts at a fraction of the price. In addition to the outlet, we run WEEKLY deals that run from Monday to Monday, unless they sell out....some deals are so hot, they sell out by Monday night or Tuesday! I'm talking 70% off, people! You can always see those by either subscribing to my business page on Facebook, which is http://www.facebook.com/SuzanneJoffrion OR by going to my outlet every Monday morning, which is http://southerninspiration.willowhouse.com or http://southerninspiration.store.willowhouse.com/category.aspx?zcid=289. They change every Monday morning, and last until the next Monday morning, unless they sell out.
2. You can earn hostess rewards for hosting a party, earning FREE products, as well as one item at 70% off and several for 50% off. This can also apply to your own single order, or to just getting a group order together and ordering online. You can now enter multiple methods of payment on the online store, so if you and friend want to order together to save shipping, you can pay with both of your credit cards! Also, if you're local, I would love to meet you and a group of friends at Panera or Starbucks for a quick one hour party, and you still earn the hostess benefits. Another fun idea is to meet at a Cupcake store or bakery and have a "Piece of Cake" party.....it really is a piece of cake to do it that way!
3. We offer ideas galore for you to be inspired, by going to www.mystyleshare.com. You will find a plethora of great decorating ideas there, with pictures and videos of ways people have used Willow House products, from serving, to entertaining to mantle decor!! YOU even, can share pics of what you have done in your own home!! Go check it out!
4. We have a blog, written by our designers, called Plate and Pattern .....it's witty, it's fun, and they have great ideas and share behind the scenes info about Willow House. You'll want to check there EVERY Tuesday because they have Prop Closet Tuesdays and they give away FREE products for simply commenting ....how easy is that??? Why would you NOT want to jump right in on that???
5. I want you to feel free to ask me about Willow House products that you might want new ideas for, or that you are eyeing and would like more info about. I am here as a consultant, and would love to offer you help or suggestions. AND from time to time, I just might have a giveaway here on my blog!
6. With regard to the jewelry, I'll be talking more about it here......I wish we could sit down and just play dress up...it's SO much fun to mix and match pieces!!! I want to offer a deal right here though, through my blog, and that deal is that if you order, I'll give you 50% off your second item (the second item being the lesser value, of course). It will ship directly to you, so no need to worry about how you'll get your order. I'll leave you with a few pieces that have been favorites......just contact me thru the comments or by email if you have any questions. Thanks!
|Layla Agate Bracelet, $30|
|Lemon Quartz Enhancer, clips on any necklace, 33 karats!! $350 or 70% off if you host a party!|
|Bali Scroll Collection, stacking rings (the three small ones), Blue Quartz Ring and the Smoky Quartz Ring, prices are between $120 and $130|
|Audrey Stormy Agate Bracelet, only $20! Has companion Moonlight bracelet that is lighter gray for $20 also.|
Posted by southerninspiration at 8:11 AM
Monday, May 21, 2012
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
- Theodore Roosevelt
Are you stymied by fear?? Paralyzed to inaction?? Procrastinating because you are afraid of failure?? I have been in that place many times......and it's not fun. You KNOW what you need to do, but can't proceed. You know you need to get over the mental hurdles, but taking that first step is just too difficult. Perhaps you are afraid of repeated failure, but I am certain that fear begets fear, and if we can make that first mental hurdle of taking that first step, we will make progress. And yet that inner whisper says..."make the first step, and you know you will just end up worse off than when you first tried". Don't listen to that inner nag. You CAN make progress, you CAN set goals and meet/achieve them. Don't let fear RENT space in your head. Don't let procrastination be your master. (I am writing this for my own motivation as well as yours, by the way!!)
Let's choose this MONDAY to live and not be dying of missed opportunities and "if onlys".....those "I wish I hads" instead of "I'm so glad I gave it a try!!!"
Monday's assignment: Decide RIGHT NOW on a goal to have done by the end of the day and make it happen. If you have to break that up into five steps, make the first step. Let's be DOERS this week, what do you say???
Posted by southerninspiration at 8:07 AM
Thursday, May 17, 2012
This is a very fun part of my blogging.......asking questions to learn about those of you who read my blog!! Play along and we all get to know each other better!!! So here we go!.......
1. What state are you in?
2. What current trend are you enjoying? Have you changed how you do something because of it?
3. Do you consider yourself a gardener, or all you all brown thumbs???
4. How often do you eat out?
5. What store do you really enjoy visiting??
Thanks, Y'all, and have a GREAT weekend!!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Thought I'd put this out there and see if there are others who might have read about this, considered this, or even been diagnosed with this. For the past two years, I have been diagnosed with PreDiabetes. Not yet diabetic, but every time I had my blood checked, it was borderline. So I began to read.......my doctor didn't actually introduce this to me as a diagnosis, but now I am beginning to wonder why not? I have struggled with menopause, hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's actually) and inability to lose weight, in fact, gained it at an alarming rate, to me. I looked down at myself and thought.....gee where did all this belly fat come from???? No doubt, the last nine months of my life have been extremely stressful (on several counts) and I've read that in high stressful situations, the cortisol your body produces will cause you to collect fat at your midsection. It was surely no coincidence that the high stress from the last year caused the belly to increase......WHOA...threw me for a loop!
Anyway, I began to read and saw some other articles that earmarked a couple of other widely common traits that made me again certain that this was where I was.......two being, skin tags, and dark spots on areas, like knees, elbows, and other joint areas. Yep, that was me. So while I have not seen an endocrinologist (probably my next step), I am pretty sure that this diagnosis suits me to a T and is the answer I have been looking for. So I am realizing that I will never be able to eat again the way I have always eaten. Sad, but true. This OLDER body, with its frailties, needs a different way of life. I am currently losing some of the weight and trying to get to a healthier place. So far, so good. It will be a long journey, I am certain, and one that will look different than most people. I will always have to be careful......but I have to admit how much better I feel when I am eating the way my body responds to!!! What about you?? What do you do for healthy choices in your life???
Edited to add that this webpage may help you understand a little more: http://insulinresistancediet.info/insulin-resistance-symptoms/
Posted by southerninspiration at 3:15 PM
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Oh, here I thought the blog fairy had been blogging for me in my absence....well that does it, she is FIRED. I thought I left my blog in good hands, but clearly she has been off playing on Facebook and Pinterest all these months....what is UP with her???
I am going to try to resurrect this blog....I do miss blogging, and keeping up with all my blogging, internet friends!! There are SO many more blogs than when I first started blogging, and now there is so much more Facebook and PINTEREST....oh my word. Do you all have pinterest-itis too?? It's like looking at a magazine that has all your favorite topics in it, and being able to tear out the pages you like and store them in a file.....all in five and ten minutes increments. LOVE it. You can find me at www.pinterest.com/SuzanneJoffrion. Now, cookbooks may be obselete, and craft books, and OH MY....what's YOUR favorite part about Pinterest???
In other news, we have a wedding coming up in our family. My middle child, my son will be getting married on June 9! We are excited and looking forward to the festivities. And yes, there will be pictures! He is also starting Vet School in the fall...so we are excited about that for him. AND..........there is another grandbaby since last time I blogged! I had the pleasure of spending 15 days with them during her arrival. Loved my extended time with them! I will be posting pics of her, too.
And my Willow House business continues to do well. I'd love to show off some of the new products as well as the new designer jewelry by Sara Blaine that we now sell as our second division here at Willow House. I'd also like to feature some decorating ideas if that's okay with you........I know so many of you only have a certain amount of time on the web, so I'd love to feature things that you want to read about....any suggestions are welcome; please leave a comment. I think many bloggers now are crunched for time and not spending the extra time to comment. I have been there. But I would also ask that you at least say HI, and let me know that I have one or two readers!! Thanks!
Looking forward to being back with you. It may not be daily, but I'll give it a shot to be regular....have a great Tuesday!!
Posted by southerninspiration at 8:16 AM