|Love this book cover--it inspires me to get it done!!!|
1. Get both college kids rooms a) CLEAN........I don't intend to change much, except maybe box some things up, straighten some things, dust and clean some things, and we've talked about changing the carpet, but I doubt that will take place before the end of September. It's a crazy deadline month for hubby at work, and that job is something that takes two of us. I will limit myself to tasks I can actually do myself. The cleaning, I can do. However, in daughter's room, there is a wall that needs to be painted, so I'd like to get that done, as well.
2. Decorate for fall, but that's later in the month. I love, love, love pumpkins, mums and fall colors, but I cannot bear putting them out while it is still near 100 degrees! Hopefully we'll have some cooler temps by the end of the month (which, let me just say makes me pure giddy!) and I will want to begin to take out the fall decor!
3. Get my flower beds back in good condition....the one in the back yard is nasty, full of weeds and overgrowth...(I am sure my husband will be overjoyed when I tackle that one!!) Just getting it weeded and mulched is the plan; any added additions, which usually are inspired when it's cleaned, are extra!!
4. Plan a getaway for hubby and I...he needs a vacation, and I've always wanted to go to the northeast and see the changing colors, see part of the US we've not seen, so I think that is our destination....for later this fall.
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome as I plan this!
5. I would like to tackle all three of the bathrooms in this house.....now this does require a little assistance from the hubby, but once the plan is made, I can carry out some of the wallpaper removal, which my neighbor has offered to exchange help on. This plan is a little vague, but hopefully as the month moves on, I can make more measureable steps in actually getting this done.
5. Make steps toward adding back some disciplines in my life:
a) Read through Joshua in the month of September (our ladies Bible Study will be studying this, so this helps accomplish both discipline and getting the Bible Study done!)
b) incorporating some regular exercise back into my life...I'll have to be doing some physical therapy, too, so those exercises count toward this goal as well.)
c) I'd like to get back to eating a whole foods, healthy, sugar free lifestyle....in small steps, and would like to lose at least five pounds in September...
6) BONUS ROUND.....need to finish up/decide HOW TO finish up my laundry room....middle son put in some cabinets this summer, and I have this cool laundry vinyl cut out from the twins (www.twiceasnicelettering.com) that I want to put up...but I think the paint he used is too stark and I'll like to soften it up. That room is also awaiting new tile, but that won't happen before the end of September for sure!...so I'm deciding how to proceed.)
I am going to stop here, as this is the Remedial Version of Getting it Done. I need to feel like I can accomplish these things, so that next month, I can add a little more. HOWEVER, I will at this time, add in a disclaimer for the month of October....I will have my first grandbaby coming in October, so I reserve the right to strike any or all personal goals from my list if it means getting to love on her!!!
So who is in for the month of September? You can link to the party if you like, and inspire other bloggers to join us, OR feel free to just write in the comments the things you would like to accomplish for the month of September. Feel free to add to your list if you surprise yourself and get all motivated, and get the first five done already by the the tenth of the month!!! That's MY plan! Y'all are just going to be amazed.....ha. I'm also planning to write some motivational posts on how to set goals, and encourage us all to Get it Done!!! Come on and join me...there might just be some party favors given out along the way.....oh, this is a party I can get into, how about YOU????